Member of the British Computer Society.
My research is mainly in the area of learning algorithms and their applications.
- Cognitive Architectures: CHREST model of human attention and learning
- Machine Learning: applications (data mining) and theory
- Methodology: the development of scientific software and models
Last research project: ESRC funded Automatic Generation of Scientific Theories.
I have commercial experience in the following areas:
- software development, especially Ruby, Java, and C/C++.
- data mining/machine learning applications for data analysis