Biocomputation GroupThe Biocomputation Research Group forms part of the Centre for Computer Science and Informatics Research (CCSIR), which is based within the Science and Technology Research Institute (STRI). Research in the Biocomputation Research Group involves the development of computational models to study biological systems, and the application of biologically-inspired machine learning algorithms for the analysis of real-world data. Members of the Biocomputation Group analyse and simulate computational models at different levels of complexity, and collaborate closely with leading experimentalists in the UK and abroad.
Research in the Biocomputation Group concentrates on the following areas:
- Computational Neuroscience (led by Dr Volker Steuber).
- Quantitative Modelling in Systems Biology (led by Dr Maria Schilstra).
- Neural Networks and Machine Learning (led by Dr Neil Davey).
- Bioinformatics (led by Dr Rene te Boekhorst).
- Development of Neural Controllers for Agents (led by Professor Rod Adams).
- Algebraic Biology (led by Professor Chrystopher Nehaniv).
ContactDr Volker Steuber
Head of the Biocomputation Research Group
School of Computer Science
Science and Technology Research Institute
University of Hertfordshire
College Lane, Hatfield, Herts AL10 9AB
Tel +44 (0)1707 284350
Fax +44 (0)1707 284303
v.steuber @ herts.ac.uk