- There must be a presenter for each position paper.
- No two position papers can have the same presenter.
- The presenter must pay the registration fee.
- A presenter can bring a PhD student free (subject to prior notification), but part of the
task of the presenter is to lead a discussion about the implications and wider context of
the ideas, so we generally expect the person paying the registration fee to take the lead
(and the PhD student to participate and contribute).
- There is limited opportunity for additional participants who are not presenters (e.g. coauthors)
to register, or for a presenter to bring a second free PhD student. Contact us
early on if you might want to do either of these.
- PhD students attend the workshop only.
- Yes, you can bring your PhD student as a dinner guest.
- There are separate rules for computer lab or UH PhD students.
- We expect presenters to attend for the whole workshop - you canít build your discussion
on what has already happened if you werenít there.
- Presenters are expected to present in the allocated slot. We choose the running order and
groupings carefully, the talks are cumulative and do not commute.